Avatar Badge & Content Advisory

Avatar Badge & Content Advisory

Friday, February 27, 2015

Leonard Nimoy, 1931-2015, He Lived Long And Prospered



Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations -- Something not to be feared, but to be celebrated.


The Spock of the Mirror Universe with his sexy goatee.


I do not remember a time before Star Trek.  I was very young when the series made its debut.  I do not remember the debut.  But by the time of my earliest memories, Star Trek was here, and it never went away for some of us.  Watching "The Enterprise Incident" as a young girl, I wanted to do two things when I grew up:  be the Romulan Commander, and marry Spock.  As I grew up, I realized neither was likely (alas).  I always hoped to meet Leonard Nimoy, but that event never occurred.  Now it's too late.  My heart is doubly heavy today, with my father having passed very recently and Leonard Nimoy having joined him today.  I'm sure my dad will let Mister Nimoy know something of how much Star Trek, and Spock, meant to me.  Two of my heroes (Dad and Mister Spock) have left this life.

Leonard Nimoy has gone to the Final Frontier.  May he rest in peace.


See:
The New York Times - Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 83

The BBC - Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek's Mr Spock, dies at 83

Huffington Post - Obama Mourns 'Star Trek' Icon Leonard Nimoy: 'I Loved Spock'

The White House on Twitter - "I loved Spock."  --  Me too, Mister President.  Me too.

Star Trek Online | Arc Games - Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)






No comments:

Post a Comment