Avatar Badge & Content Advisory

Avatar Badge & Content Advisory

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sequel/Update to my earlier post: "LastChaos-USA Publication Rights Transferred from Aeria to Gamigo"




Sequel/Update to my earlier post:  "LastChaos-USA Publication Rights Transferred from Aeria to Gamigo"


Hi, people.

Back in December I posted that with the official news published by Aeria included (by permission) and some waxing nostalgic about my time in LC as player and Game Sage, and ended it with:

Before the transfer had even begun, I set up an account at Gamigo, and I plan to continue to play LC-USA there.  While the game has its bugs and glitches, and could use some improvement in various particulars, it remains very captivating to me, and it has been a major part of my life for over five years.  I have made some good friends through the game, and through Aeria -- players, Game Sages, Forum Moderators, and Staff members.

 I have maintained some professional silence since then, although I believe the LC community at Gamigo knows that I soon changed my mind, and I believe that they know why.  I did discuss it with a few former colleagues who had also been Volunteers or Staff (or both) involved with LC at Aeria.  I did not speak in confidence, although these were private conversations between people who were simultaneously friends and colleagues.  I have continued, however, to be a Game Sage for DKO at Aeria, although that currently means that I do very little in the role due to the continuing status of the game in hiatus, and am not active on the fora or in the ShoutBox as I was when the game was up and running.  I do look in from time to time, to try to keep the fora and SB clean to the best of my ability, to see if there has been any progress, to look and see if my presence is needed.  More recently, however, Aeria sold its European holdings to a German company, and among those holdings were the English-language publishing rights to DKO.  The transition is still going on in some respects, and I have had no news from the Staff as to the status of the game or any progress.

I have spent most of my time online in recent months playing Star Trek Online through PWE.

As for LC and my decision not to play as I had intended, I need say very little.  A patch came which limited stacks to a total of 999 items.  In the same patch, additional inventory space, so long needed and requested, was finally added, for a price.  Some people lost items which were not supposed to be affected in this way.  A policy to disallow afk pet-leveling and afk affinity farming by use of the P2 Pet AI was declared.

Games should be fun.

LC stopped being fun.



Some who continue to be involved in the LC community I miss, but I cannot in good conscience partake in the game lest it give the impression of condoning things such as what I have related.  To those friends, I will say that you know how you may reach me, and I wish you the best.

I continue to be a GS for DKO.

I continue to play STO.

And then there's this blog and my Google Plus.

Give me a shout once in a while, huh?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment