It's time once more for me to report on my latest culinary experiment.
- 3-5 ultra thin slices of salame genovese (I recommend Hormel Genoa Salame, already sliced ultra thin)
- sliced whole oat bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- soft goat cheese
- dill weed
- garlic powder
- pitted kalamata olives
- balsamic vinaigrette
- Soften the goat cheese by letting it sit out of the frigorifero for an hour or so prior to preparation.
- Fry the salame genovese slices in their own grease and a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Mind you don't fry them too long. Drain on paper towels, and blot to get the excess oil/grease away.
- Slice the kalamata olives in half length-wise.
- Spread the goat cheese onto a slice of whole oat bread (you want enough to cover the slice), then sprinkle with dill weed.
- Place the salame genovese on top of the goat cheese.
- Place the sliced kalamata olives on top of the salame genovese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Top with a second slice of whole oat bread.
- Eat and enjoy.