Avatar Badge & Content Advisory

Avatar Badge & Content Advisory

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Cocktail Recipe: Piña Colada Rosada


Cocktail Recipe:  Piña Colada Rosada,
by Liviana (Giovanna Laine)


So I do occasionally experiment with cocktail creations of my own design, and some turn out to be not so good, while some turn out to be delightful.  I do still have my bartender's uniform from an establishment which I shall not name here, a black tanktop and black shorts with a certain logo reminiscent of Athena on both ... so perhaps I'm not entirely inexperienced in the art of bartending, although I never went to bartending school.  With that little ... um ... tease ... out of the way, I'll provide you with one of my own cocktail recipes, for a drink I call a "piña colada rosada."  Rosada is a Spanish word for "pink."

As you may know, a piña colada is a cocktail made with coconut milk, pineapple juice, and rum.  I personally prefer to used a spiced silver rum for this, because I have a little Captain in me, as they say.

To make my piña colada rosada, you'll use the same ingredients as a standard piña colada (and again, I do recommend that particular silver spiced rum, Captain Morgan), plus a bit of guava nectar.  The guava nectar, in addition to adding an additional tartness, gives the cocktail a slight pinkish tinge.

If you would like to do this very easily, you'll need only two ingredients:  the rum, and a smoothie made by Bolthouse Farms called "Tropical Goodness," which is made with coconut water, pineapple juice, apple purée, pear juice, banana purée, pink guava purée, orange juice, and dragonfruit purée, among other ingredients.  This won't come out quite as pink as it would if you did it with only rum, coconut milk, pineapple juice, and guava nectar, but it's still quite tasty.

If you try it out, using either recipe, please let me know what you think.

(Edit:  I've been asked about quantities.  That's for you to decide;  I mix my drinks rather strong, so I didn't want to give the amounts I use and get anyone totally sloshed with a single cocktail.)



Copyright notice
All original content in this blog is © Copyright 2013-2018 & an. seqq. by "Liviana" (Giovanna Laine).




No comments:

Post a Comment