Avatar Badge & Content Advisory

Avatar Badge & Content Advisory

Friday, September 13, 2013

Art About Feminism (aka "About Feminism, Volume I, Number 2")

As I've said before (here), and will say again in future blog posts, being a judgmental busybody is not what Feminism is about.  Feminism is about freedom to be ourselves.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/bf99e90b5563fe04b46a7c8e1326fe19/tumblr_mso2shzs8s1s64ikho1_500.jpg


The artist later did this:

http://65.media.tumblr.com/5fdbc699b28697363d6fbfdf704ef19e/tumblr_n4a77kbdE21s64ikho1_500.jpg

Except, I never thought she was suggesting that men were making those statements.  I believed then, and I still do, that she was criticizing those who imagine themselves to be feminists by judging other women in a biased manner.  Feminism is not about slut-shaming nor insisting that someone should have a career or that someone should stay home and raise children or any of these things.  Feminism is about the individual woman making her own damned decisions and not being subjected to the biased expectations of others.



See more from this artist:
my little sketchbook


For About Feminism, Volume I, Number 1:  A Few Comments about Feminism, click here.

For About Feminism, Volume II, Number 1:  Vivi and Gigi - A Love Story, or, Who Is Vivian James and What Is GamerGate? click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment